Jane Warding-Smith is a Clinical Supervisor which entails managing, supporting and educating other Consultants in any helping profession including Therapists, Counsellors, Nurses, Doctors and Clinical Psychologists.
Any professionals requiring this service please do not hesitate to contact Jane for further information.
- Psychosexual clinical supervision
- Sex addiction clinical supervision
- Person centred clinical supervision
- CBT clinical supervision
- Medical supervision
The core model used is Hawkins and Shohet 7 eyed model.
Clinical supervision plays an essential part in the effective delivery of high quality professional therapy and care work. Supervision supports any professional in their efforts to be effective, reflective practitioners and is an essential part of any professional register and accreditation board.
Clinical Supervisors are expected to be highly skilled and experienced practitioners with specialist knowledge. They are expected to be accredited by BACP, COSRT, UKCP or other professional standards body of similar status.
Supervisors offer expert advice on policies and procedures. They need to be fully conversant with them and will need to undertake regular CPD to guide and support professionals in their proper implementation.
- Ensure that professionals are working within ethical guidelines.
- Bring the client/patient (virtually) to work with relational factors.
- Offer professionals the opportunity to reflect upon and improve their practice with a highly skilled and experienced practitioner.
- Offer professionals the opportunity to discuss issues causing concern and to develop strategies to address these.
- Offer professionals the opportunity to reinforce professional focus.
- Offer professionals the opportunity to share and dissipate any stresses resulting from their client/patient work.